An updated version of HP Customized version of ESXi 5.5 Update 2 (September 2014) is now available!
- Driver Versions in HP supplied VMware ESX/ESXi images
- HP VMware vSphere 5.5 U2 Customized Image Release Notes for September 2014
- Support for the new Gen9 HP ProLiant servers and their options
- Utility Features
- New HP CONREP Utility that enables server hardware configuration capture, set and duplication.
- Provider Features
- Feature support for Smart Array HBA mode
- Support for new HP Smart Array controllers
- Support for new HP Smart HBAs
- DDR4 Memory Type support
- New association class SMX_SASPortControllerPCIDevice
- Changed reporting of ROM version format using additional information in SMBIOS Type record on UEFI servers
- SR-IOV Support
- Refer to the HP ProLiant server and option firmware and driver support recipe on http://vibsdepot.hp.com for the list of supported SR-IOV adapters and drivers.
- For additional details on supported servers, Guest Operating Systems, SR-IOV limitations, configuration steps, and troubleshooting, see the HP White Paper – Implementing SR-IOV on HP ProLiant Servers with VMware vSphere 5.1
- Utilities features
- HPBOOTCFG – Report/Set UEFI or Legacy boot mode
- Support for the Flex-20 technology to stream twice the bandwidth of 10 GB adapters for virtualized and converged data centers