An updated version of HP Customized version of ESXi 5.5 Update 1 (June 2014) is now available!
Important Note: this release does not include patch ESXi550-201406401-SG released by VMware to address a known NFS connectivity bug. When utilizing NFS, make sure to install this patch
- Driver Versions in HP supplied VMware ESX/ESXi images
- HP VMware vSphere 5.5 U1 Customized Image Release Notes for June 2014
- Provider Features
- Added capability to configure the providers to ignore the status of an unused FC port
- SR-IOV Support
- Refer to the HP ProLiant server and option firmware and driver support recipe on http://vibsdepot.hp.com for the list of supported SR-IOV adapters and drivers.
- Utilities features
- HPBOOTCFG – Report/Set UEFI or Legacy boot mode
- Support for the Flex-20 technology to stream twice the bandwidth of 10 GB adapters for virtualized and converged data centers
- This version of the HP Custom Image includes the patch from VMware to address the CVE-2014-0160 vulnerability (now known as “Heartbleed”) in the open-source OpenSSL toolkit utilized to encrypt Web communications. The VMware Knowledge Base article related to the CVE-2014-0160 vulnerability is available at: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2076225
- AMS Fixes
- Improved fix for memory leak issue.
- HP ProLiant Servers: HP Smart Array Controllers – Out-of-Memory Condition May Lead to a Server Halt and Purple Screen Under VMware ESXi 5.0, 5.1, or 5.5 After Upgrading to HP Smart Array Controller Driver (hpsa) Version 5.x.0.58-1. This version of the HP Customized image includes the HP Smart Array Controller Driver (hpsa) Version 5.x.0.60-1 which fixes the issue. The link to the customer Advisory describes the condition in more detail and is located at http://h20564.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/kb/docDisplay/?docId=c04302261.