VMware has released version 5.8 update for VMware vCenter Operations Suite which provides the following new features:
Improved Enterprise Readiness
- Optimized query execution to improve performance at scale.
- Enhanced authentication options with new active directory integration for authentication.
- Improved security with upgrades to the OS and runtime environment.
- New integration with VMware Log Insight using a vCenter Operations Manager Content Pack that enables you to monitor your vCenter Operations Manager infrastructure.
- Expanded integration with vCenter Hyperic using the vCenter Operations Management Pack for vCenter Hyperic. This management pack provides many new capabilities, such as:
- Support for Microsoft Hyper-V servers, including out of the box dashboards for troubleshooting and performance analysis.
- Support for Microsoft Exchange and SQL Servers, with out of the box dashboards for troubleshooting.
- Several new management packs are available for download. Check the Cloud Management Marketplace on the VMware Solution Exchange for more details: https://solutionexchange.vmware.com/store/vcops.