HP Customized version of ESXi 5.5 (September 2013) is now available!
- Driver Versions in HP supplied VMware ESX/ESXi images
- September 2013 VMware FW and Software Recipe
- HP VMware vSphere 5.5 Customized Image Release Notes for September 2013
The new and updated features for the HP vSphere 5.5 Customized Image for September 2013 include:
- Provider Features
- Report Smart array driver name and version.
- Report SAS driver name and version.
- Report SCSI driver name and version
- Report Firmware version of ‘System Programmable Logic Device’.
- Report SPS/ME firmware.
- Added SCSI HBA Provider.
- Report IdentityInfoType and IdentityInfoValue for PowerControllerFirmware class.
- IPv6 support for OA and iLO.
- Report Memory DIMM part number for HP Smart Memory.
- Added new ‘Test SNMP Trap’.
- Updated reporting of memory configuration to align with iLO and health Driver.
- AMS features
- Report running SW processes to HP Insight Remote Support.
- Report vSphere 5.5 SNMP agent management IP and enable VMware vSphere 5.5 SNMP agent to report iLO4 management IP.
- IML logging for NIC, and SAS traps.
- Limit AMS log file size and support log redirection as defined by the ESXi host parameter: ScratchConfig.ConfiguredScratchLocation
- SR-IOV Support
- For additional details on supported servers, Guest Operating Systems, SR-IOV limitations, configuration steps, and troubleshooting, see the HP White Paper – Implementing SR-IOV on HP ProLiant Servers with VMware vSphere 5.1.
- Utilities features
- HPTESTEVENT – New utility to generate test WBEM indication and test SNMP trap.
- HPSSACLI – New utility to replace hpacucli
- HPONCFG – HPONCFG utility, displays the Server Serial Number along with the Server Name when using hponcfg –g switch, to extract the Host System Information.