Expanded Infrastructure Support
- Enhanced vCloud Director Integration. Machine owners can provision a vApp as a single entity, but manage the component VMs individually. The vApp blueprint specifies governance policies for the vApp as a whole (such as how many machines of each type it contains), while the vApp component blueprint specifies policies that control how the machine is provisioned, the resources it can consume, and what management functions users are allowed to perform. Users can connect to virtual machines in provisioned vApps using VMRC and reconfigure vApp component machines. Administrators can also bring existing vApps provisioned in vCloud Director under vCAC management by importing the vApps and assigning blueprints to them.
- Support for vCloud Director Pay-As-You-Go Allocation Model. Enterprise administrators can create reservations on VDCs using Pay-As-You-Go, Reservation Pool, or Allocation Pool. Additionally, portions of an organization VDC ca n now be reserved for multiple provisioning groups rather than each VDC being restricted to a single provisioning group.
- Support for vCloud Networking and Security (vCNS). Enterprise administrators can specify a vCNS Manager as part of a vSphere endpoint, enabling vCAC to discover network resources like VXLAN, load balancers, and security groups. They can also specify VXLAN as network paths on reservations. Enterprise administrators or provisioning group managers can specify a load balancer or security groups on blueprints to assign those pools and groups to virtual machines during provisioning.
- Support for KVM (RHEV) Hypervisor. vCAC 5.2 introduces support for the KVM hypervisor through Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager 3.1.
Improved Resource Reclamation
- Improved Workflow Customization. Enterprise administrators can specify how many days to wait before setting a lease on a machine and the new lease period when sending reclamation requests. Additionally, the provisioning group manager can receive email notifications and respond to reclamation requests in addition to the machine owner
- Performance Metrics for vSphere. Performance data collection gathers information about resource utilization including CPU, memory, disk, and network utilizat ion to assist in identifying reclamation candidates.
- Additional Platform Support. vCAC 5.2 introduces support for reclamation of Amazon Web Service (EC2) machines.
Site Recovery Manager Compatibility
- Enhanced Integration with vCenter Site Recovery Manager. In release 5.2, vCAC correctly discovers the relationship between the primary and recovery VM.
- Globalization L0/L1 support. vCAC 5.2 supports installation on foreign language operating systems as well as input and display of non-ASCII characters for French, German, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese installations.
- Support for VMware V8 licensing. vCAC 5.2 supports standard VMware license keys that you can obtain and manage using the VMware License Portal.
- Additional Guest Operating System Support. vCAC 5.2 adds support for the following guest operating systems:
- CentOS 5.9 (32- and 64-bit)
- CentOS 6.3 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2012