VMware just released an update for vCloud Director 5.1.2.
This releases adds support for the latest release of vSphere 5.1 U1
- Rights for creating, reverting, and removing snapshots: Rights for creating, reverting, and removing snapshots have been added, allowing system administrators to configure these rights for all roles.
- Allocation pool organization virtual datacenters can be elastic or non-elastic: Starting with vCloud Director 5.1.2, system administrators can configure Allocation Pool organization virtual datacenters with Single Cluster Allocation Pool (SCAP), making them non-elastic. This is a global setting that affects all Allocation Pool organization virtual datacenters. By default, Allocation Pool organization virtual datacenters have Single Cluster Allocation Pool enabled. Systems upgraded from vCloud Director 5.1 that have Allocation Pool organization virtual dataceters with virtual machines spanning multiple resource pools have Single Cluster Allocation Pool disabled by default.To change the Single Cluster Allocation Pool setting go to System > Administration > General > Miscellaneous. Before enabling Single Cluster Allocation Pool, migrate any virtual machines on secondary resource pools to the organization virtual datacenter’s primary resource pool.
- vCloud Director is now supported on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2012: vCloud Director now supports Microsoft SQL Server 2012 databases.
- Additional guest operating system customization support: vCloud Director now supports customization of the following guest operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012