The Auto Start bug introduced with 5.0 Update 1, which broke the VM Auto Start feature on the free version of ESXi, has finally been resolved. VMware released the ESXi patch “ESXi500-201207001” on July 12, 2012 which includes the fix:
In related news, VMware vCenter Server 5.0 Update 1a has been released.
What’s new and fixed in vCenter Server 5.0 Update 1a:
- This is the first update that is also available for the vCenter (Linux based) appliance
- For the appliance it switches the embedded DB2 database to VMware’s own vPostgres database.
- The problem with excessive memory consumption of the tomcat6 service (KB2013890) has been resolved.
- The problem with HA restarts failing for VMs that were migrated with Storage VMotion (KB2013639) is fixed.
- For a full list of fixes see Release notes.